About


Wargaming the Seven Years War with 40mm miniatures, done by: Johann-Peter Scheck and Anselm Scheck

Friday, April 26, 2013

Prussia: 1st hussar regiment

 This is the first unit of Prussian hussars No 1, which has the characteristic parrot green for trousers and jacket and a nightgreen for the dolman. Some skirmish tests in the following pictures against Saxon regiment "Queen" shows their attack power.
I am thinking about to create just a few Prussian squadrons of hussars (10-12 figures each) than complete regiments (16-18 figures each) - just because I enjoy the different colours of them and would have a variety on the battlefield.
The figures are Matthias-Manske hussars.







10 comments:

  1. Très beau régiment de hussards, et surtout, surtout, de magnifiques photos, comme d'habitude, mais c'est toujours un grand plaisir! Mention spéciale pour la dernière, on se croirait vraiment au coeur de l'action! Bravo!!
    Phil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Phil, Tu es trop gentil comme d' habitude... En manquant des actions formidables comme chez toi, il me reste que des imitations mises en scenes... Peter

      Delete
  2. Wow, fine looking fellows - lovel atmsopheric pictures

    --- Allan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allan, I try to improve such kind of sets regularly. I learn also by your blogs!
      Peter

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I enjoy your blog each time!

      Delete
  4. Very nice, Peter ! As castings, I'm not so impressed with Manske's figures but they look very fine here the way you've painted them and staged realistically for photographing.

    Regards,
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve, for your critical opinion and also for the appreciative words! I highly estimate your opinion, because you know very well all figure manufacturers. I often use Manske figures because of their ability to complement other figures and their multi-utility. Manske exactly produces what I need and every combination with other ranges works well. It needs, indeed, a particular style to paint them, comparing with others like S&S or Trident.
      I will post some battle pictures soon, so it would be visible how it works.
      Peter

      Delete
  5. Thanks, Ray - you´re so welcome on our blog. Honestly said, I am a fan of your work!
    Peter

    ReplyDelete